We all love and treasure our homes. Home is where we feel safe, warm and content. That’s why moving home is such an important decision. When we view new properties, we look at the interiors, the space, the quality of construction. And we ask ourselves: “Will I be happy here?” “Will it be easy to make new friends?” “Will it feel like home?”
Settling in to a new park home
We choose a property for the way we want to live. In later life, our circumstances are changing and our aspirations are different.
A house which once served perfectly well as a family home may now be too big, too difficult to maintain and too costly to run. But what should we consider when purchasing a property to live in for your retirement? What type of property is ideal for a retiree’s lifestyle?
Here are some key points.
Live your retirement in luxury
Luxury park homes offer many advantages which a traditionally built (bricks and mortar) property cannot.
- Choose a ‘high end’ park home and you can expect it to be built to the residential specification BS3632. What this means is that your park home is built to last – just as you would expect of any traditional bricks and mortar type property. To achieve this standard, a park home must be energy efficient: thicker walls, ventilation, double glazed windows, insulation and a low-energy-use heating system making them warmer in winter and cooler in summer. The roof has a 50-year guarantee. For peace and quiet, the insulation doubles up as sound-roofing to minimise any noise. Luxury residential park homes keep the cold out and the warmth in. Built to this standard, there has never been a better time to buy a luxury park home.
- Luxury park home interiors are designed with all the conveniences of modern life: mains services and sewerage, phone lines, cable and high-speed broadband. A luxury kitchen and bathrooms (with master en-suite) will be fitted with latest appliances. Your home will be fully furnished – just add cushions, photographs and accessories to make it individual. Unlock the door to your new life, walk in, unpack, then enjoy your first celebratory drink.
- The over-55s are a new generation seeking a fulfilling lifestyle. Buying a high-grade park home means you can downsize to live in luxury while releasing money to spend on doing the things you love. In leaving your previous home, you’re giving up repairs, maintenance and expensive utility bills. Let luxury park home living into your life and gain the freedom to preserve more cash for your future as well as to enjoy today.
- A park home meets the need for a smaller home without giving up floor area or storage space. Notice the abundance of natural light in a luxury park home. Even in the short winter days with the lamps glowing and candles flickering, we appreciate natural daylight. Modern park homes are built with floor-to-ceiling doors and windows to let the light flow through all year round. Two or three bedrooms will give you all the space you need to accommodate guests, set up a hobby room or create a study area. Outside, step on to your decking and into your own private garden, admire the landscaped parkland beyond. Do you need more space to store your belongings? Keep everything tidy without cluttering your indoor space. Choose a park home with a generously proportioned garden for a stylish new shed and store your BBQ, golf clubs, bikes, hiking boots and all the seasonal essentials you thought you may have had to leave behind.
- Accessible to residents and guests only through a private gate the park home development offers the kind of security you’ve come to prefer in later life. You want to feel safe and protected without being isolated from the outside world. You’ll soon get to know your neighbours. They are all like-minded people looking forward to (or already enjoying) an active retirement, eager to share good times with their new-found friends.
- A short walk from Lakeshore along Woodcock Lane takes you to David Lloyds Fitness Centre and towards the marina village. As you approach the traffic island, you’ll see the imposing towers of Lincoln Cathedral, standing tall above the compact city centre. To walk there takes an hour or you can book a water taxi from the marina, hire a bike from Burton Waters or go by car in just a few minutes. Burton Waters is a well-connected location with easy access by road and rail to Britain’s towns and cities. You’ll soon begin to feel a sense of belonging in your new community. Most Lakeshore residents are members at David Lloyds where they meet socially as well as to exercise.
- Lakeshore is a haven of peace and tranquillity among parkland. Residents enjoy living here beside the lake among landscaped green space in quiet contentment.
Luxury retirement at Lakeshore
Come and see the luxury Arbor Living homes at Lakeshore, Burton Waters. Book a viewing by phone or send an email and we’ll call you back.